Hello! This week’s post brings you the beauty of wood. I’ve always been a fan of wood but it was after visiting Scandinavia when I became more familiar with this material. When I was at uni, the topic of my final thesis was the use of wood/timber in construction. I don’t know why but I fell in love with wood. It might be its warmth, its natural touch, or the beauty of its imperfection, but it sure is a material with its own unique character.
Here are some examples of different uses of wood in architecture, interiors and my picks of the week for furniture and accessories.
Top left: Warburg House in Alberta, Canada. By Bioi (via ILikeArchitecture)
Bottom left: Small housing development in Amsterdam, Netherlands. By M3H Architecten (via Dezeen)
Middle: Fagerborg kindergarden in Oslo, Norway. By RRA architects (via Ideastosteal)
Right: House in Nada, Japan. By Fujiwarramuro architects (via Archdaily)
From left to right:
Use of different directions of wood grain to kind of mark different areas. Love the clean lines, and the look of b&w next to the wood. (via Tumblr)
This amazingly beautiful wooden floor, again with white walls and a fun pop of colour with the yellow chairs. (via Desire to Inspire)
Big open plan kitchen gets its own lowered wooden ceiling to subtly divide it from the rest of the room. (via Pinterest)
Linking the inside with the outside. This was achieved in this refurbishment in a London house, carrying the wood throughout, the white on the walls and the same kind of geometry. (via Architecture Today)
PICKS OF THE WEEK
1. A fun twist on the traditional design: Turn Around Juicer, from Muuto.
2. Beautiful classic: Wishbone chair, by Hans J. Wegner, in Carl Hansen & Søn.
3. In your pockets: Wood wallet, by Haydanhuya.
4. Skilled Finns: Secto Aspiro 8000, by Seppo Koho, via The Lollipop Shoppe.
5. Delicate simplicity: Kami Mug, from Mjölk.
6. Chunky one: Cube candleholder, by Ferm Living.
7. At first sight: Wood sunglasses, by Shwoodshop.
8. Scandi office: Copenhague desk with back screen, by Hay via Nest.
Do you share this crazy love as well? Either if you do or not, I hope you enjoyed all this beauties anyway. Mil gracias!